What is the best stairlift company? Many people are not aware of the benefits of owning a stairlift. They are designed to help those who are unable to use the stairs due to an injury or disability.
With a stairlift, you can avoid having to use the elevator or take the long way to get up to your desired floor. If you are looking for a stairlift, read this article until end to learn more about the best stairlift company. In this blog we also have an article about best stair lift for home that you might want to read about it.
Stairlifts: What Are They and How Do They Work?
A stair lift is, at its core, a very basic apparatus. Almost all stairlifts on the market today are comprised of two primary components: a track with a toothed or textured surface and a chair with a motorized gear or wheels at its base that pushes itself up and down the track’s rough surface. If you want to know more about why you should have stair lifts for seniors, find out more about it by read that article on this blog.
However, after you’ve mastered these foundations, you’re left with a plethora of possibilities. If you want to find out more about step lift for home, you can find out that too in this blog!
How much weight can a stair lift support?
It varies depending on the type, but a typical range is 300 to 400 pounds.
Is it possible to modify my stair lift?
Yes. The majority of firms give basic design and color options; however, some companies charge an extra money to improve the upholstery fabric on the seat and the rail color. Additionally, you may be able to add high-accessibility features to the seat, such as automated folding rails, folding footrests, and motorized swivel chairs that rotate at the touch of a button.
What Is The Best Stairlift Company
There are a lot of different companies that offer stair lifts. Here are the list for it;
- 101 Mobility
- Ascent Stair Lifts
- Acorn Stair Lifts
- Lifeway Mobility
Typical Stairlift Features
Numerous stair lift manufacturers provide the following capabilities as standard equipment or as an optional add-on or upgrade.
- Folding Seat & Footrest – Designed to assist save room while the stairlift is not in use. Certain versions have a motorized option that folds the footrest automatically when the seat is raised.
- Swiveling Seat — Allows the user to pivot away from the open steps for a more safer stair lift departure.
- Adjustable/Customizable Chairs — Adding comfort via substantial cushioning, adjustable seat height and armrest breadth results in a much smoother ride.
- Seat Belts and Safety Sensors — Automotive-grade seatbelts assist users in remaining seated securely while the stair lift is in action. Additionally, safety sensors may identify obstructions on the steps that might interfere with the stair lift’s operation.
- Remote Controls — Allow for the automated “calling or sending” of the stair lift up and down the stairs, enabling for the usage of the stair lift by numerous users.
Types of Stair Lifts Available
Curved stair lifts, straight stair lifts, and outdoor lifts are the most common forms of household and commercial stair lifts.
- The Straight Stair Lifts: are designed for straight staircases, either ascending or descending. Standard rails are used, which means installation time is kept to a minimum in most cases..
- Curved Stair Lifts: If the staircase has a bend or landing at the halfway point, you will need a curved stair lift. Installing curved staircases requires the construction of a bespoke rail to meet your staircase’s specific dimensions, which can take longer to complete.
- Outdoor Stair Lifts: Installed on porches, patios, and decks, or to assist in navigating uneven ground leading to a pier, outdoor stair lifts are a common sight. If the stairs are straight or curved, you may need to make some adjustments. Marine-grade vinyl and weatherproof covers are used to protect outdoor stairlifts from the elements.
Related Articles For You!
- You may like: Dandelions – A Natural Remedy for Infectious Diseases
- You may enjoy this article about: 6 Amazing Low Cal Vegan Snacks For You to Try
Our Latest Post:
- CPAP Battery: The Ultimate Guide to Portable Power for Your Sleep Apnea Therapy
- Get Taller – Determination Boosts Up the Height
- 3 Superb Pick For The Best CPAP Travel Battery