Why you should have stair lifts for handicapped house member? Have you ever wondered what it was like to be in a wheelchair?
It’s not as easy as it looks. You need to be able to get up the stairs and down the stairs to go to the bathroom, kitchen, and other rooms in the house. Stairs are a pain, so it’s important to have a way to make them easier. In this blog, we also have an article about cost of stair lift in home that you might want to read about it.
A stair lift can be the answer. Stair lifts are a great way to make a house more handicap accessible. They are a solution that can be tailored to the specific needs of the user, and are a great way to help someone still have the ability to live in their home. Find out more about it by reading this article until end.
Why You Should Have Stair Lifts For Handicapped House Member
A stairlift can be a great way to make your home more accessible for a loved one with a disability.
Imagine if you had to climb the stairs to get to your bedroom every day. It would be exhausting and take a toll on your health. Here are the reasons why you should have stair lifts for handicapped house member:
- The first reason is safety. If you or anyone else gets injured while climbing the stairs, then you may be liable for any consequences that occur. Having a stair lift means that you won’t have to worry about the stairs yourself because they will do all of the work for you.
- The second reason is convenience. Not only does having a stair lift mean that you don’t have to climb the stairs everyday, but it also ensures that you can visit friends and family without worrying about being inconvenienced by a long trip from the car to the building.
- The third reason is comfort. Climbing those steps each day can cause muscle cramps, soreness, and even injuries. That’s where a stair lift comes into play. With a stair lift, you will no longer feel the stress of climbing the stairs. The lift will automatically get you to your desired destination.
- The fourth reason is value. A stair lift is an affordable option, which means that anyone who has a disabled person living at home will be able to benefit from its use. There are different models available depending on the amount of lift needed. An electric model usually costs around $5,000, whereas manual ones cost around $1,500. If you want to give your loved one the ability to move freely in his or her own home, then a stair lift must be considered.
Find out more about what is the cost of chair lift for home stairs by reading that article in this blog.
Components of a Stairlift
Rail, chair, and power source are the three main components of stair lifts.
Must Have Rail
In order to move up and down a stairwell, the chair uses a rail. Aluminum and steel are the most common materials used in stairlift rails, however the shape and design might differ from one manufacturer to another. Stairways can be saved space because to this rail’s thin design.
Dust and oil are kept at bay thanks to gear rack covers on both straight and curved rail variants. When using a stairlift that does not require a wall support, the rail is attached to the stairs.
A Good Chair
The chair of a stairlift, like the rail, can come in a variety of shapes and sizes. The chair is what allows users to safely and pleasantly ascend and descend the steps.
The armrests, seat, and footrest are all foldable. When it comes to chairs, there are a few distinct alternatives available from most manufacturers, which may include upholstery color selections.
In addition to housing the full stairlift system, the chair’s key components for the lift’s operation are also housed within the chair (i.e. motor and batteries).
A Source Of Power
When the stair lift is not in use, its battery is recharged, providing electricity for the device. Charging the battery is as simple as plugging it into any standard 120v wall outlet. At the top or bottom of each stair, most stair lifts contain recharge stations for their batteries.
The charging method on Bruno straight stairlifts, for example, keeps the unit charged no matter where it is on the rail. Battery life can be saved by using this advanced charging method, which prevents the device from overcharging. If you want to find out more about is it worth installing a stairlift, read that article in this blog too.
Related Articles For You!
- You may like: Dandelions – A Natural Remedy for Infectious Diseases
- You may enjoy this article about: 6 Amazing Low Cal Vegan Snacks For You to Try
Our Latest Post:
- Vegan Drinks at Dutch Bros – The Best Options
- Dutch Bros Vegan Option: Comprehensive Guide to Dutch Bros (2022)
- Alcohol That Isn’t Vegan: Important Things To Know And What to Do