Recognizing the warning signs of Internet addiction in your spouse or loved one is the first step in your helping them help themselves.
If these warnings signs sound familiar to the signs of having an affair, that is because they are.
Internet addiction is a lot like having a affair, an affair with a computer, along with their relationships formed online. It is same process whenever a person with draws from their main source of support and finds it elsewhere.
The following warnings signs should serve as general guidelines for you to determine whether or not your spouse, family member, or friend may have a problem.
Does your loved one:
1. Spend a lot of time alone with their computer on a regular basis?
2. Become defensive when you confront them with their behavior.
3. Seem either unaware of what they have been doing, or attempt to deny it.
4. Prefer spending time with their computer or on the Internet than with you or other people.
5. Lose interest in other, previously important activities.
6. Appear to be more socially isolated.
7. Seem to be establishing a second life with new and different friends whom they met online.
8. Spend greater amount of time online, and attempt to cover the screen when you come in the room.
9. Arrange unexpected time away from home or business trips or for other reasons, and seem to be away more than usual.
10. Have unexplained changes on your credit card.
11. Exhibit signs that their work or school performances is suffering, they were fired grades are slipping.
12. Talk about their time on the computer incessantly, and seem to draw meaning in their life from this activity,
13. Have legal problems as a result of their Internet behavior.