Natural cures against sleeping disorders and insomnia.
Thousand of insomnia natural cures are utilized in Ayurveda and are considered food supplements. Just as food influences physiology at the basic level of nature’s intelligence, herbs are also beneficial on this level, but they can be utilized more precisely to influence a particular aspect of vata, pitta, or kapha doshas.
With regard to insomnia, herbal supplements are used as part of an overall strategy that includes creating balance in the physiology at all levels, body, mind, and spirit. Ayurveda considers the following herbs in various combinations particularly useful for treating insomnia. These combinations are available through the Ayurvedic resources.
The herbs for sleeping disorders, along with some of their properties, are:
– Jatamamsi, a close relative of tagara, which creates cooling energy and aids digestion.
– Ashwagandha, rejuvenating herb, which clams the nerves and promotes satisfying rest.
– Shakhanalpushpi, another herb which strengthens the nervous system and calms the mind.
– Brahmi, which is useful for pacifying Pitta as well as Vata.
– Jatiphala, one of the best herbs fro treating the nervous disorders that can disrupt sleep.
– Tagar, whose Latin name is valerian, especially useful for cleansing accumulated Vata from the nervous system. The useful of Valerian as a sleep aid has been confirmed by western medicine.
Although the herbs listed above are naturally occurring substances that have been used for thousands of years in many societies, any preparations can cause an unwanted reaction in some individuals. If you are interested in using herbs to help you sleep, be sure to talk with your doctor before.